Window replacement buying guide: 5 types of replacement windows
When it’s time to replace your old windows to give a new look to your beautiful abode, it’s time to shop around for new windows. Replacing worn out windows with new and energy-efficient window models will really pay off in both aesthetic appeal as well as utility savings. However, the style of your new windows should compliment to the style of your home. With us at Home Craft Replacement Window and Door, you will find different types of windows designated for both new construction and replacement in and around Durham, Fayetteville, Fuquay Varina, Garner and Goldsboro. Windows for new constructions have a nailing fin, a rim that is used to secure the window in the opening of a wall while replacement windows do not have so. Now, if you are considering replacing your residential property’s windows consulting our guide to the following 4 common types of replacement windows available given below will help you figure out which window replacement will best work for your house:
- Casement windows– At one end they are joined with a hinge while pivoted out for ventilation at the other end to provide good air flow. You can open them very easily.
- Picture windows- They are fixed models designed to offer wide unobstructed vista and a lot of natural light.
- Storm windows- Single-paned storm windows minimize the flow of air into the home, thus, providing an economical way to increase the energy-efficiency. The gap between the storm window and your present window acts as an extra insulation. This means that they are very easy to clean, maintain, paint and repair.
- Awning windows- With a top-hinged sash that tilts out from the bottom, awning window have been designed to keep heavy downpours out when the windows are open.
- Projection windows- These usually extend from an abode. They are of 2 types-bay windows (30-45 degrees arc) and bow windows (10 degrees arc).
Window replacement buying guide: how to start?
Begin your search by walking out to the street and looking back at your abode. Do not take a snap decision on the style, instead take notes of it and click a picture with your camera. Walk around in the vicinity of your house and look at the other houses. There is a chance that you will find a style which best compliments your house. Now, you can get out for shopping whenever you feel like. If you need any help, please call us in this number (919) 231-7181 today