Vinyl Windows VS Composite Windows
Quick Guide for Raleigh-Cary-Durham and Throughout the Triangle Area
One of the first decisions people must make when getting a window replacement in Raleigh-Cary is what type of frame material they should use. While there are a wealth of options today, many tend to favor composite and vinyl replacement windows. So which is the better option for you?
When you want to find the best windows for your property, our experts at HomeCraft Windows can help. We will listen carefully to your requirements, recommend some suitable options, and install your new windows at the best prices in the area.
Features of Vinyl vs. Composite Replacement Windows
- Aesthetics: Since composite windows are a relatively new invention, you don’t get a lot of variety in terms of design. Vinyl windows, meanwhile, come in a variety of colors, shapes, and styles to perfectly suit your taste.
- Energy efficiency: Both vinyl and composite replacement windows have excellent insulating properties. That’s why many homeowners opt for these frames to save on energy bills.
- Maintenance requirements: Both vinyl and composite windows are both very low-maintenance. Wiping them clean with a microfiber cloth and a mild cleaner every few months is enough to retain their pristine appearance.
- Cost: Vinyl windows are much more affordable than composite windows. However, composite frames remain a cost-effective option because they are less expensive than wood and aluminum windows.
- Longevity: Vinyl windows can last up to three decades, while composite windows can last for four decades. Keep in mind that both materials require proper care to maintain their integrity for a prolonged period.
Window Replacement in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Durham, Chapel Hill, Knightdale, and the Surrounding Areas
Replacing your windows can be challenging, and it’s easy to become overwhelmed with the many options, but we can help. Our team at HomeCraft Windows proudly serves the window project needs of homeowners across Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Durham, Chapel Hill, Knightdale, and the surrounding areas.
In general, vinyl replacement windows are the better option because they are cost-effective, durable, energy-efficient, and the style choices are practically limitless. Contact us and get a free quote for your project today. We can help you to upgrade your windows with minimal effort, mess, and at an affordable price point.